[WEBINAR] Watch the replay of our webinar on e-axle and electric CV powertrain layouts
Powertrain, together with fellow website Sustainable Truck&Van, organized the webinar "Zero emission commercial vehicles. Is e-axle the leading solution for powertrain efficiency?". Watch the replay here!
Powertrain, together with fellow website Sustainable Truck &Van, organized the webinar “Zero emission commercial vehicles. Is e-axle the leading solution for powertrain efficiency?”. The web event was broadcasted on June 13. Below is the link to watch the replay.
Indeed, the market of electric commercial vehicles is getting increasingly bigger and definitely lively in the latest years. Both traditional manufacturers and newcomers are filling their portfolios with new full electric truck models, and some of them are already being produced. As a consequence, potential customers are getting more and more interested in zero-emission solutions for their fleets.
The webinar: e-axle and powertrain design in the spotlight
Talking about powertrain design, electric CVs ensure a higher degree of freedom, especially when it comes to supplying power to the wheels. As the traditional layout based on an internal combustion engine, transmission and axles is not there anymore, the options are manifold. E-axles, then with the motor places closer to the wheels, are in some cases the preferred option, and some new players are entering the truck market, indeed.
However, a layout based on e-axles is the only viable solution to increase the vehicle efficiency and maximize performances? Which are the main challenges to consider when talking about electrified axles?
The speakers who participated in the web event come from engineering societies, OEMs in the truck sector and key component manufacturers. Here’s the panel:
- Stuart Bradley, Head of PEMD (Power Electronics, Motors and Drives) – Propulsion Systems for Automotive and Industrial business unit, Ricardo
- Robert Carter, Chief Engineer Powertrain & Thermal Systems, Volta Trucks
- Massimo Galli, CEO and founder, E.V.E.
- Ashley Brooks, Area Director, UK & ROI, Allison Transmission
- Mike Foster, Executive Director, Chief Technology Officer, Allison Transmission
- Danilo Bonera, Chief Technology Officer, BRIST
- Andreas Grossl, Vice President Global Product Segment Leader ’E-Mobility Driveline’, ZF
- John Bennett, Vice President and Chief Technology Officer, Meritor