Sima 2019: networking in a business environment
Sima 2019 took place within a business and network developing environment Sima 2019 saw the presence of 230,000 business operators in the agricultural sector this year. The event took place in a business atmosphere dedicated to different projects for the near future. Oscar Lauby, director of development at Hktc Technologies, said: «We are very happy […]
Sima 2019 took place within a business and network developing environment
Sima 2019 saw the presence of 230,000 business operators in the agricultural sector this year. The event took place in a business atmosphere dedicated to different projects for the near future. Oscar Lauby, director of development at Hktc Technologies, said: «We are very happy with the presence of visitors at the latest edition of Sima. Our presence there has allowed us to establish new quality contacts with builders and some start-ups present in the Villages. All this allows us to create synergies and build strong bonds for the future».
To which Stéphanie Deboude, president of Sodijantes Industrie, added: «We had a good crowd at our booth thanks to the Silver Medal we won at the Sima Innovation Awards 2019. Several foreign delegations passed at our booth and we were able to present our news to the potential investors».
Finally, Michel Weber, director of marketing and communications of New Holland France, concluded by saying: «We experienced a good dynamism at our booth, especially the first 3 days, characterized by a positive spirit. It had been a long time since we could finalize business appointments directly at the fair. This trend had registered a recovery two years ago and it remained the same this year. We have already finalized some good deals with the registration of several orders».
Jean-Baptiste Lemoyne, French Secretary of State at the Minister of Europe and Foreign Affairs, also made an appereance at this year event.
SIMA INNNOVATION AWARDS 2019 (A LOOK AT THE WINNERS)
There was also a lot of information sharing about the sector
Different events and conferences took place at Sima 2019, which attracted over 2000 people:
- The round tables on the great challenges of the agricultural world, such as organic farming, tomorrow’s farming systems, agriculture in the digital age, breeding and AgTech;
- The Sima African Summit, an international conference and practical tool for development on the African continent, brought together about 200 people and allowed numerous constructive exchanges;
- The Sima Dealers’ Day brought together distributors from all over the world on the subject of training and the evolution of the dealer profession;
- The Job dating has allowed, since its opening on Sunday 24 February, 190 candidates to discover about fifty jobs proposed by 16 companies. Numerous contacts are already being finalized;
- Another novelty of the 2019 edition of the Sima show was the Hackathon, organized by La Ferme Digitale with the participation of Atos company. In particular, it has allowed programmers and operators in the agricultural sector to work for 48 hours on the use of spatial data in agriculture. The first prize went to Ohm sweet home for the project «Mes Parcelles» which allows to optimize the definition of soil potential via Sentinel.
Record for the Simagena
Simagena has now become an unmissable appointment for bovine genetics. The Breeding Day, new for the 2019 edition, welcomed numerous important moments: open show, international auction sales, round tables. This event set a historic record: the heifer Gah Olga des Grilles, daughter of Boldi V Gymnast, was sold for 130,000 euros to two Canadian and German breeders’ associations during the Paris Dairy Sale auction organized by Gènes Diffusion.