At SMM Dana introduces Brevini gearbox range for marine applications
Dana announced the launch of the Brevini EvoMax series of helical and bevel-helical gearboxes for marine and offshore applications. The gearboxes will be on display at SMM (Hamburg, 6-9 September).
Dana announced the launch of the Brevini EvoMax series of helical and bevel-helical gearboxes for marine and offshore applications. The gearbox range introduces five completely new sizes and includes 14 redesigned gearboxes to provide higher torque, greater efficiency, and longer service. The gearboxes will be on display at SMM (Hamburg, 6-9 September).
The modular series is designed to provide greater product flexibility, higher efficiency, and increased sustainability while helping to minimize total operating costs.
“The demand for global shipping continues to rise, and our customers require robust solutions that can be adapted to their specific on-shore port or off-shore marine applications,” said Jeroen Decleer, senior vice president of Dana Off-Highway Drive and Motion Technologies.
Leveraging decades of product application knowledge and customer feedback, Dana’s new series of gearboxes provides a highly engineered solution with a comprehensive suite of features, including:
- a new housing design to reduce weight, increase structural strength, and optimize internal oil flow for better thermal management;
- custom gearing for smooth operation, low noise levels, and high efficiency;
- updated housing materials and seals to enable low temperature operation;
- best-in-class torque density; and
- increased product range to provide a more targeted solution for customer applications.
In addition to helical and bevel-helical gearboxes, Dana offers Brevini-brand axial piston motors, axial piston pumps, slewing drives, proportional directional valves, winches, winch drives, wheel drives, and other motion products for the marine and offshore industry.